Frosé Recipe: Time to Chill over Summer
With summer just around the corner, it’s a great time to get planning some exciting drinks for your summer barbeques and New Year parties.
One of our favourite wines this season is our Pinot Noir Rosé. The Delta Rosé is made of 100% Pinot Noir grapes and has a mature, complex and rich style.
Rosé is not only perfect for a summer’s afternoon but is also a versatile wine that can be used in so many other ways. With such lovely hot weather, freezing your Delta Rosé and using it in a Frosé cocktail is bound to impress guests and bring some added fun to the wine.
Here’s how to do it:
- 1 x bottle of Delta Pinot Noir Rosé
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 x cup of fresh strawberries
- ½ cup of fresh raspberries
- Half a lemon squeezed
- Freeze your Delta Pinot Noir Rosé in a large shallow cake tin. Leave to freeze for at least six hours, or overnight if you have the time.
- Blend half a cup of fresh strawberries, a quarter cup of raspberries and freshly squeezed lemon into a puree.
- Add the puree and frozen wine into a large blender and blend until smooth.
- Pop back in the freezer for 30 minutes to thicken up.
- After 30 minutes, remove from the freezer and divide between glasses.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and raspberries and ENJOY!
To make it even thicker, if you have an ice cream maker, add the ingredients into your ice cream maker to create a super chilled slushy rosé.